For social login, the display of pop-up screens must be enabled.
Safari on IOS (iPhone/iPad) devices
- Open the device "Settings" and locate the settings for Safari.
- In the General category, swipe the “Block Pop-ups” toggle to the left to disable.
Safari on Mac OS
- On the far right of your Safari menu bar, select "Preferences" in the drop-down menu under “Safari.”
- In Preferences, select the "Websites" tab (represented by a globe icon).
- On the left-hand side menu, select "Pop-up Windows."
- In the right bottom corner, you should see a menu. If you select "Allow," it will automatically save this setting. You can also choose the option of "Block and Notify,” then either allow or block a pop-up when it appears.
*For smartphone/tablet users
The Japan Times app version does not support social login with a Google account, but using a browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.), you can also use your Google account.